We would like to advise you that we take the health and safety of our clients, consultants, Wormall Civil employees and subcontractors/suppliers very seriously. We would like to reassure you that we remain vigilant following the advice of the Australian Federal Government Department of Health and will continue to monitor their advice and act immediately in accordance with their rulings and guidance.
To date, there has been no incidence of COVID-19 within our personnel or their households. We have instituted measures to mitigate unnecessary risk to ensure that we can continue to deliver a high-level of project performance to you and support you through this uncertain time.
The Wormall Civil Senior Management team have met and will convene on a Tuesday weekly until further notice to make determinations on the changing advice from the Department of Health and all other matters regarding our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have included the Wormall Civil COVID – 19 – BUSINESS ACTION AND CONTINGENCY PLANNING document that sets out the planning and key areas of consideration. Please feel free to use this document as a template for your business to discuss actions that may be relevant to your organisation.
Outcomes from our first Senior Management COVID – 19 -BUSINESS ACTION AND CONTINGENCY PLANNING meeting held on Thursday 19th March 2020.
• For all Wormall Civil employees, sub-contractors to adhere to Department of Health guideline practices like hand washing, sneezing/coughing etiquette and social distancing.
• For Project personnel, additional cleaning and disinfectant supplies have been issued with clear instructions on the frequency of cleaning
• Project Personnel are updated on Australian Department of Health advice and communicated and recorded on pre-start forms. Latest advice is displayed on notice boards
• Employees who at high risk (over 60 and or have a chronic medical condition) have been afforded the opportunity to work from home where this is feasible
• Operators are required to clean steering wheels and operational levers on exiting their plant daily
• Communal pens are banned, and personnel must use a personal pen
• Requesting all employees bring disposable lunch containers and not use communal plates and cutlery
• Immediate reporting to Supervisors and Human Resources of any employee who is unwell and has symptoms of COVID-19
• The use of teleconferencing in order to continue to meet with you if you cannot or would prefer not to have a face to face meeting
• Educating employees on important prevention measures via up-to-the-minute internal communications
• Requesting all employees to be responsible with out of office activities by avoiding attending group gatherings
• Thorough and regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces including doors, handles, desks, keyboards, monitors and phones
• All meeting areas will be thoroughly cleaned after each meeting
• All non-essential face to face meetings have been cancelled until further notice
The health and safety of Wormall Civil employees, our subcontractors/suppliers, clients and consultants’ teams are paramount to us. We value and appreciate your continued support and want you to know we are available to speak with you at any time to provide support to your business during these challenging times.
Please stay safe and healthy.